The City of Kemp issues building permits for new construction and remodeling for existing buildings. The City uses a third party inspector. All codes should comply with the 2012 International Building Code that has been adopted.
Forms for Permits:(click on all links below to open applications in pdf form)
- Residential Building Permit Application
- Rental Property Certificate of Occupancy
- Commercial Building Permit Application
- Commercial Certificate of Occupancy
If you are remodeling a house in the city limits please fill out the survey below and send to email@example.com so that we can assess whether or not a permit is required
Do I Need a Permit To Remodel In the City of Kemp? Survey
All contractors must be registered with the City of Kemp, there is no fee. Proof of Licenses are required as well as proof of liability insurance.
Contractor Registration Form
The City of Kemp is using Bureau Veritas for our plan reviews and inspections. Which means there are some changes that may affect you. Please take a few minutes to read the following:
1. You are required to keep a set of plans on-site at all times. The set of plans will include the marked set of construction plans and Bureau Veritas comment sheet. It is suggested that you make a secondary set, so if the on-site set disappears, then you will have a complete replacement set.
2. You will need to contact Bureau Veritas by 4:00 p.m. for all inspection. Please do not call the building inspector or the City of Kemp for your inspections. Their contact information is:
a. Inspection PHONE Line: 817-335-8111 or 972-980-8401
b. Inspection FAX Line: 817-335-8110 or 972-980-8400
c. Inspection EMAIL address: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If you call Bureau Veritas by 4:00 p.m. you can get an inspection on the next business day. If you do not contact Bureau Veritas by 4:00 p.m., the City of Kemp will not be able to have the inspection added to the inspectors list.
4. When the inspector completes an inspection, an email will be sent to the general contractor with the inspection results.
5. If there is gas or electric that needs to be released, the City of Kemp will email the utility company between 4:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. of that day.
6. If you call in an inspection that is not ready or is incomplete, you will be charged a re-inspection fee which will have to be paid before you get your final inspection.