The City of Kemp is working closely with state and county health officials as we monitor the developing impacts of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
This Amended Declaration shall take effect at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, May 1, 2020, and shall be in effect until its expiration, as provided by law.
CLICK HERE FOR AMENDED DECLARATION
DISASTER DECLARATION AND ORDER
On March 18th, 2020, the Mayor issued a Declaration of Local State of Disaster Due to Public Health Emergency. This declaration is effective immediately.
CITY HALL DOORS WILL BE LOCKED AND ENTRY IS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY EFFECTIVE MONDAY, MARCH 16TH AT 8 A.M. UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
DISASTER DECLARATION AND ORDER SUMMARY
- Prohibits gatherings inside the city limits of groups greater than 10 people
- All organized youth sports are postponed
- City Hall doors will remain locked during the business day … all necessary actions that require person-to-person contact will be made by appointment only. Utility customers are strongly encouraged to transact their business by mail, dropbox, telephone or online payments.
- Those requiring non-emergency discussion with the Police Department please contact dispatch at 972-932-9799. If it is an emergency please call 911.
- All non-essential Municipal Court activities are postponed at the discretion of the Municipal Judge
WHAT IS COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS)?
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. The virus that causes COVID-19 is a novel coronavirus that was first identified during an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China.
- The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- Touching an object or surface with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose, or eyes before washing your hands; and rarely, fecal contamination.
For more Information on COVID-19 and the plans of the School District please refer to the links below: